My name is Allen Bronstein, the iPhone Video Guru… call me Allen. I’m here to help and to answer any questions you might have about making movies with a smart device. Please feel free to contact me about anything I written or to ask a question. Some of the topics we’ll be exploring are:
- How your camera works
- The apps, accessories, and techniques for shooting great video
- How to plan, shoot, and edit, and
- We’ll explore different aspects of visual story telling, and how to use them.
You can reach me at Allen@mobilemoviemaking.com.
Make sure you subscribe to the our magazine, so you’ll be informed of all the latest news, videos, and developments.
Make iPhone Movies Everyone Loves is a book I’ve just written based on my many years as a moviemaker—and more recently, on my experiences using mobile devices to shoot videos in a wide variety of genres.
The book will be published in March, 2015, as a Kindle book and in print-on-demand. You can pre-order it at Amazon.com.
Here’s what the book is all about:
There is something magical about learning how something works… That’s what this book is all about. How to make movies with your phone or tablet in small, fun, easy to understand steps. By the end of the end of the book, you’ll be familiar with the concepts, techniques, and tools needed to make movies that your friends, family, and customers will ask to watch, over and over.
We start by talking about your smartphone’s camera and how it works. Building a foundation of knowledge that will free you up, so you can unleash your creativity unhampered by the technology.
Over the last 25 years as a filmmaker, artist, and teacher, I’ve developed the knack of making technical and artistic topics understandable and accessible to everyone.
In addition to how the camera works, we’ll discuss:
- What apps (applications you should use
- What equipment and accessories you’ll need, and how they work
- How to light a scene and record great sound
- What aspects of visual storytelling you’ll need, and how to use them.
- How to edit on your phone
- How to create all kinds of videos including a child’s birthday party, a travelogue, a local commercial, and video blog, and even a suspense flick.
And, most important, whatever kind of movie you make, you’ll learn how to create a finished product that everyone will love.